I am a professional portrait photographer serving the greater Washington D.C./Northern Virginia area based out of Woodbridge, VA. I received my Bachelors of Science in Art and Visual Communications from Utah Valley University. I studied photography, graphic design, drawing and other art mediums. However, I consider most of my training hands on, learn as I go.
I specialize in natural light digital portrait photography, showcasing some of life's biggest events - new births, weddings, families, etc. My style incorporates big colors and big smiles with a photo journalistic quality - I love to capture moments as they happen naturally.
Letting your guard down and acting comfortable around a stranger and a camera can be hard - and intimidating. Here are a few fun details about me that will help you get to know me better, the girl behind the camera:
• I'm 28 - I can now legally rent a car without paying an additional fee. However, age milestones are all downhill from here until the senior citizen discount kicks in.
• Like every other mom out there, I am convinced that my kids are the cutest, can do no wrong, and are far smarter than any other children their age.
• I thrive on celebrity gossip. If it's happening in Hollywood, I know about it. I never go to bed without first watching my saved DVR copy of TMZ.
• I am a big movie buff and my greatest weakness is for period romance dramas - big dresses, English accents, courtship, men with long hair... I choose to ignore the poor sanitation, rampant diseases and short lifespans associated with such time periods.
• I cut and color hair - often my own - for friends as another hobby.
• I have a horrible habit of leaving cupboards and doors open. In spite of this, my husband still loves me.
• When I'm alone in my car, I sing really loud. I like to pretend I'm performing live for a packed audience, Letterman perhaps...
• I sleep with 3 pillows and I'm very particular about which pillows they are. As a result, my husband and I use color coded pillowcases.
• At any given restaurant in most cases I will order chicken fingers and french fries. My dip of choice is ranch, followed by honey mustard.
• I talk in my sleep. So I've been told.
• This past year I finally admitted, out loud, that I do in fact love Britney Spears.
• My past jobs include waitress, receptionist, graphic designer, and copy clerk.
• I met my husband in college. I originally blew him off the first time he asked me out, but he was so polite and charming when I called to cancel that I decided to give him another chance.
• I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
• I am a big history buff - I considering minoring in it. I love watching the History Channel, studying ancient lifestyles and cultures, you name it. I love antiques, old clothing, old architecture and historical sites.
• I've never been outside the U.S.
• When I was a teenager my girl friends and I would have "modeling parties" in my parents basement during sleepovers. We'd do makeovers and take pictures as wannabe models and photographers. Perhaps that's where it all began...